Monday, February 13, 2006

That's a good one...

I couldn't help noticing on television this weekend the Victoria's Secret ads.
The Valentine's tagline is....Give her something you both want! Hoooooooo! Hahahahahha! Now that? Is funny. I mean I guess if you're a hooker and you wear it professionally. Or if you're like twenty. No, I do believe that is the gift that he will enjoy. The only thing even mildly enduring about that gift? The man went into the store and braved the sales women. Not that I mind getting the occasional nice nightgown or whatever but not exactly the gift that keeps giving nor actually says anything about our relationship. I always think lingerie the gift for the unimaginative man, the last act of desperation on Christmas Eve when the panic has set in.

Although, this does tie in nicely with my thoughts on Battlestar from Friday (admit it, you never saw the segueway coming). Having watched it, and every episode, some enterprising Caprican needs to open a Galactica branch of VS. Cause 1) these people are seriously getting around and 2) after seeing Starbucks underwear...esh. And BTW, where do people keep digging up Dana Delaney and for God's sake WHY? Let her and the sister go gently into that good night. Please.

And a belated thank you to all of you who have expressed your sympathy for my first rejection. Somewhere there is a brilliant agent out there just waiting for this thing to hit their desk. I just have to dig that agent up. So, fingers crossed. And since I am so confident of this, I have started a sequel. I read that Nora Roberts and Sherrilyn Kenyon both had a massive backlog of books from being rejected for so many years which is how they got like eight books out in a year. I can do that too. I know, I know! You're just busting with curiosity about the plot. I will only say that part of the story was inspired by The Rascal scooter I saw sitting near the door at the Target the other day. No, that's all I'm going to say so stop trying to bribe me with lingerie!

No comments: