Friday, February 03, 2006

Crap!

I've lost my jump-drive. No seriously. I can hear the Maelstrom of you now all saying in chorus why the hell wasn't it on your keyring? And to this I reply, shut up. Anyway, I shall reward you if you return my red jumpdrive thingy. It's OK, people, the jump-drive has been located. I repeat stand-down , we are downgrading to DEFCON 2.

I asked my dear friend Kathy (who has no blog or it would be inserted here) who is a former school teacher and is all at the ready with her red pen to review my agent query letter. I feel this is a step closer to my goal. I have indeed set myself a goal. I am going to send out my agent query letter to one lucky agent Monday. MONDAY! Good, bad or ugly, it's out of here. I am approaching this as I would a job search. It's a numbers game and eventually I am bound to stumble over someone who recognizes my awesome talents. OR someone desperate. Either way, I'm fine. So one query a day I think. Again, why not? I'm targeting my list of unattainable agents and sending it to them. HAHAHA! Reject me if you will, I am above your petty answers! Okay, not really but I'm trying to develop thicker skin.

And if you are one of these agents reading this, look for my query letter and prepare to be awed!

Okay here are the blessed...

Trident Media (agent to a little author called Janet Evanovich)
Kristen Nelson (cause she reads every proposal sent her way, God love her!)
Lowenstein-Yost (for having a sense of humor on their bios)
Ethan Ellenberg (cause he reprsents a whole slew of people I enjoy)
Jane Rotrosen (for representing the always hilarious Jenny Cruise)

Naturally, I have specific victims in mind at each place but this is my current holy grail. And yes, I know, Writer's House is not represented here. I'm not THAT crazy.

1 comment:

Dorky Dad said...

It's Monday... have you sent out your agent query letter today?