Thursday, February 09, 2006

I did it, I did it, I'd said do and indeed I did!

For those of you who did not grow up with old movies, this is part of a song from My Fair Lady. Anywhoodles. I sent my stuff to Writers House. Seriously, Daniel Lazar, prepare to be blown away. Or to delete my email. Either way I did it. I also have my package ready to hit Jennifer Jackson at Donald Maass although this is via snail mail so I could include the first ten pages per her website. I actually put it in a photo mailer envelope. I'm not trying to be deceptive but it had a cardboard thingy so it wouldn't get bent and it's water proof. Next? Lowenstein-Yost I think. That is tomorrows goal.

But I was stressing over Writers House since I feel like that's the holy grail and that every interview I've seen with them, minus the one I recently read with the above agent, they display no sense of humor at all. If I'm sharing money with someone they need to be funny. Warped might be better.

I have to go prepare lunch for my toddler now. Sometimes the reality of having a child who will not eat meat or sweets is not all that fun. I continually have to search new and exciting vegetarian options for her. Today for instance she's having pasta with mushrooms and a side of oranges. Do not get me wrong, I would far rather have a child interested in whole grains and fresh veggies then one addicted to Sunny Delight (should be outlawed) and cookies (which my daughter is completely convinced are whole wheat saltines).

No comments: