Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some fun news

I have some fun news. Well, first I've received no more rejections so that's fun, right? But the real thing is that I have a new critique partner! Go me! My Kiss Of Death Chapter critique fairy godmother has found my perfect soul mate. She claims. I'm excited!

And then...I started my own web board. Several people on the Clues and News board were having trouble finding anyone with fresh eyes to read their entire WIP front to back. Critique partners are awesome but they tend to be with you through the whole struggle so it's hard for them to really get in there and say, you characters arcs are arching, your mystery is indeed...mysterious. Anyway, since they know the whole thought process behind the book and in many cases came up with about a third of it themselves, you often need an unbiased third party. So I have created that http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CritiqueDivas/ here.

I have seven members. You get one chance to submit your agent ready manuscript, anyone who wants to can read it, fill out the critique score sheet (which I cobbled together from several different ones) and post their findings. Pretty good, huh? Oh, and you have to be a PRO/PAN member of RWA since I will waste no time reading things destined to be unearthed in panty drawers by future generations. I can say that now since I am! See, dude did me a favor! Really, he did!

So, I'm off for the weekend to give a bridal shower and then I'll be back at the grindstone tossing out inquiry letters on Monday.

No comments: