Friday, February 10, 2006

Rejected

Well, the inevitable has happened. Daniel Lazar at Writer's House emailed me and said he didn't so much handle chick-lit. I suppose it was inevitable and I wasn't unprepared for Writers House to say no. And truthfully they do not have an inventory of chick-lit. He was very gracious about it as opposed to the reports I have heard about other agents who have in fact said things like very disappointing or needs a complete rewrite to my writer friends so I guess all in all not a terrible start. Still I was hoping he thought my manuscript was the best thing since Harry Potter. But I understand that J.K. Rowling was turned down a bit. Still stings though.

Well, better luck with the next one I hope.

2 comments:

Dorky Dad said...

That sucks--sorry!

Anonymous said...

Too bad. I vote for sending something for them to read. A letter is good, but a taste of the real thing is better.

Nana