Sunday, March 26, 2006

Are my expectations too high?

Seriously, are they? I've had several opportunities these last few weeks to think about things that work, and don't, as advertised. I find it odd when something does work I'm overwhelmed with excitement. The other day I decided to put together an impromptu study of advertisements in my house and see if they delievered as promised. This is a very small list and I'm completely open for additions.

Things That Work:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
My '98 Corolla
LA Weightloss
NetFlix
Montessori Education
Jumpdrives
Starbucks
Borders On-Line Store System
Martha Stewart/Barefoot Contessa Recipes
The Westin Heavenly Bed
Publix/Target/Kroger Brand Stuff
Coupons
IKEA
Harry's Farmer's Market
Bird's Eye Steamed Bag Vegetables
God
Crest Spin Brush
Mrs. Dash Ten Minute Marinade
Swiffer
BattleStar Gallactica
Crock Pot
Mini Food Processor
Bidding For Travel/Priceline
LOST
Silicon Pot Holders
Clorox
Baking Splenda
Febreze
eHarmony
Quick-Trip
Television Without Pity
Target

Things That Don't Work:
"Customer Service"
Home Wireless Network
UPS
Managed Health Care
My daughter's Montessori School
Hairball Control Cat Food
Any Anti-Aging Cosmetic
Ten Items Or Less Lane
The President
Expedia
Airport Security
Luvs
Privatization of the Natural Gas Industry
Complicated Paint Techniques Used By Debbie Travis Even When Copied Meticulously
"If I Ignore It, It Will Go Away"
Call Ahead Seating/Priority Seating
Diaper Genie
The Last Three Seasons of Buffy
Revolving Debt
Kitchen Gadgets that are "As Seen On TV"
Timetables applied to any sort of contract or manual labor project
The Return of the Gaucho Pant
Fat Free Salad Dressing
CSI:Miami
Wal-Mart












No comments: