Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SG-1 Finale, Pirate Redeux

Okay, I was...satisfied with the SG-1 finale. It's the ONE finale that hasn't screwed me over since NYPD Blue ended (the best of the finales thus far). And they left it WIDE open for a nice miniseries later. So I can live with it. And actually I found the scene between Daniel and Valla very sweet. So thumbs up.

Last night Rob and I went to see Pirates. Rob hadn't been so this was new to him. He liked it. And on second viewing, minue the emergency crash seats, it wasn't nearly as bad as I originaly thought, or maybe I was just more prepared. Still, I'd like 1 on DVD but the other two....not as much. Go back and watch the first one, you'll see what I mean. And the more I watched the ending it really is slanted toward a fourth installment.

So Paris is out of jail. I'm good with that too. I think she served enough time that she gets it. I hope. And I saw where Lindsay Lohan has decided to continue to stay in rehab a little longer, a decision I applaud. But you know who I'm disappointed in? DEEPLY disappointed in and have no faith in ever again? Brooke Shields. I know she seems an unlikely target but suddenly she's best friends with all the Cruise Weirdos. I mean I get that you get press that way but seriously attaching yourself to the man who you publicly feuded with and feuded with on behalf of women every where who have PPD? Shame on you. SHAME! What the hell? Next she's going to be all "I was so wrong". No you weren't. And now you're just a big cheap sell out. You suck. Women suffer from PPD. It's a fact. Women who are left untreated can and do awful things. Vitamins won't help that. You know what will? Proper care under a doctor's supervision. And the message you send while hanging out with King Weird and his Consort just says that maybe you're thinking you were wrong. I mean is Tom Cruise not living proof that you will and can go nuts without proper treatment? YES. It makes me sad and Brooke Shields whould be ashamed of herself.

What's with the Beckhams? For Heaven's sake don;t feel you need to envade American soil for better popularity. Really, feel free to stay in Europe and be...European. We really won't miss you. Or your 'reality' show. Or your popping up anywhere there's a camera. I mean seriously, I feel like they'd show up at my child's ballet lesson if they thought someone had a video camera. Please leave and take your soccer balls with you.

I hear Nancy Grace is pregnant with twins. And apparently no one even knew she was married. Or pregnant. Is that weird or what? I'm not opposed to it since you have the right to your privacy absolutely but I just think it was very Un-Nancyish.

And finally, we saw Nancy Drew. Yeah, shut up. It was actually quite cute. And if you're a nancy fan it was just well worth it. I loved those books, read them all. I think they did a decent job of putting it one the screen without killing us with back story and making it non-gore for the little audiene members. I say...I like it. So if you have an eight year old, read her the books and go to the movie. She'll enjoy it.

So yes, this was a waste of space post but I'm procrasitnating laundry so and it's my blog.

No comments: