Saturday, June 16, 2007

Unemployment or Guilty Pleasure?

For the first time in many years I find myself unemployed. Or rather underemployed since I do have a small child. The bailbonding company and I are splitsville after five years since it was sold to new owners.

An aside here, my occasionally wise friend DorkyDad often says that people who claim to big the biggest Christians will screw you over everytime. Seriously, anyone who introduces themselves first thing with 'we're Christians and we go to church', has a fish on their car or a fish on their business card? Is just out to win your trust. This has to do with the new owners but that's all I'll say.

Anywhoodles, so now I'm...at home. It's odd and sometimes sad. I find myself rather forgetting I don't have a job. And I'm having trouble adjusting sort of. I keep rushing around in the morning trying to get ready for work and then I realize...I don't have anywhere to go really. I've more or less been plunged into an odd world where people go to the grocery store before ten p.m. and eat dinner with their families and have time to do stuff like wash their curtains and mop. The shrink says take time to grieve and find out what I want to do and send out a few resumes in a couple of weeks. Oh, and I can slam down an extra anxiety med if I need too.

Naturally, a more industrious person would use this time to WRITE. And I will. Once I get the idea that I can just sit down and GO without major interruptions.

Anyway, I'm a bailbondsman no more. So any thoughts on how to fill my time? Subject line: A New Hope.

1 comment:

Danica Favorite said...

Write. Definitely. Write. And hey, I think I need to use this story in my nonfic book. :)