Thursday, April 06, 2006

LOST Theories not blown to hell yet

Yes, everytime I plot out a decent theory it gets shot the next episode. I'm just not the conspiracy expert that my husband, Chasing The Fluency God, is.

But I have some new ones that might work. Until next week when JJ Abrahams mocks me.

1) There are many a current spoiler on spoilerfix that Rose and Locke have something in common. My guess? One kidney. AND possibly that Rose has Locke's kidney. I know that seems bizarre but it's LOST. Why not Daddy Locke selling off his own ill-gotten kidney or getting killed and an organ transplant takes place? Can you transplant a transplant organ? I bet you can in LOST world.

2) Daddy Locke is Original Recipe Sawyer. My back-up ORS is Kate's step-father. I've done some back of the envelope math from Sledgeweb's Lost Stuff and while Kate's Dad may be a bit young, it would work.

3) Sawyer 2.0 is the man Jack's wife left him for. Totally fits the profile. A young, neglected wife married to a SURGEON who could divorce him and possibly get a nice settlement.

4) Libby is a stalker (I know this seems like a jumped in late with this one but I through this out on the
televisionwithoutpity.com Lost Speculation with Spoilers Board (if you've not hung out with these folks, I encourage you to at least go and lurk. They're all brilliant. Also, look out for SecretAgentMan who actually has some mysterious connection to the show but drops in every once in awhile to check our theories and offer helpful tidbits)
when Libby first appeared and we got the word that she was NOT a therapist but a chronic liar. Plus she told Hurley that he remembered her from the plane. Not likely since he was the last to board and in the front row and she was in the TAIL.

5) The Pearl location on the Hatch Map (see last post) is an underwater hatch station.

6) Helen and Locke's Dad? Totally in it together. Totally.



Possible continuity error or clever plot point: Locke's Dad was so wealthy he lived in a house with a personal security guard posted out front. It's not like you can get a staff on credit or even if the whole group were his henachmen/women they would be totally vested for months in helping him get a kidney. So, let's say that they were not. What's $700,000.00 to him?

Questions aside from the question of why these Losties never ask any questions:

Why didn't anyone see this magical plane that dumped this food? Either no plane was there (obvious explanation) or a Chasing the FluencyGod style theory, when the alarm sounds and the doors close some sort of knock out gas is administered so that no one sees a plane. How's that for way out there?

Did fauxHenry not think they would dig up the body? They LOVE to exhume on this island. LOVE it! Looks like the Other spies (of which I think there is at least still one) would have shared that 411.

Was this week's Easter Egg the logo on the plane that passed over Locke when he got to the motel? I looked at the food boxes but too obvious. Anyone with the answer? We also tried to check the driver's license but it was hard to see on our baby tv. I'm sure I'll find the screen cap later on the TWOP boards.


On a final note...Battlestar won a Peabody Award, announced yesterday.

No comments: