Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fame! I'm gonna hate synopsis forever...

I finished the synopsis! Let the streets fill with people doing the FAME dance! Hmmm, looking out the window I'm not seeing anyone. Well, there's my neighbor doing a little Rumba type thing down to the mailbox but that's pretty normal. Fine.

But it is done! And I'm sending the thing to Trident this afternoon. I have to sign my cool release form and fax it to them. I could mail it but I think it would get into the read pile faster this way. I told my husband
(Chasing The Fluency God) that being an agent is sort of the last truly one person, no helpful technology thing you can do. One person reading manuscripts and going with their gut. That's what the job is. You can't zip it through a computer program or have fifteen people for voice and story. It's just you and the paper. And about 3000 manuscripts a month. Hats off to the agents.

So now I believe I'll shoot off the last of the A list group any synopsis type stuff they need and it will be a waiting game for awhile.

No comments: