Monday, October 13, 2008

Wild Rose Press

Sent a manuscript off to www.wildrosepress.com the other day. We'll see what happens. It got turned down by HQ for (get this) having 'too much plot'. So there isn;t really anywhere else for the poor thing to go. I understand these people do a lot of business with libraries. Who knows anymore?

I also sent my BABY off to five agents. We'll see if any of them bite. If not it goes out to five more. I'm determined to keep it out to five agents at all times. Surely one of them will deal with it. I've also decided to widen my net. RWA recognized agents aren't the only ones in the world. So I'm looking beyond them and at places like Jabberwokky. Which publishes Charlaine Harris who we know got a mega deal at HBO. So five agents, working down the list it is. I can always send it to a certain agent who has a reputation for repping everything. Sort of a throw it on the wall and see what sticks attitude. I hate that idea but a girl has to do what she has to do and she/he actually did get one of my friends a three book deal once. Which may be the only deal she/he's ever gotten. Don't know. If you think about it, being an agent doesn't really cost them anything. You only stand to make money if it sales. It's sort of like literary real estate.

No comments: