Friday, September 15, 2006

Harpies

Okay. so Monday night I did indeed write up a chapter and put it up on the Avon Fan-Lit board. I'm not a regency reader, I hate heaving bosoms. I hate the word heaving in general and dislike body parts that do so. The closeset I get is Julia Quinn which is not by a LONG shot Regency Regular. So I shot off this amusing and different , in my opinion, little chapter. It was actually an excellent exercise in editing. You had to be no more then 2500 chracters total with spaces for your chapter. A catch line could be no more that a 80. Your synopsis no more than 125 and your chapter teaser? About 250. It was editing hell but I'm glad I did it since it forced me to make some difficult choices. Not saying said choices were the correct ones, but choices were made and scenes were sliced none the less. If anyone would like to wander over with a kind word, it's called Pursued and you can slap a five on there and I will send you an autographed copy of my first book.

Turthfully, I read through a lot of the submission taglines looking for something not heaving and the ones I found and read that were unique and liked and gave good marks to? Are getting slaughtered by the Regency Natzis. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Don't be ugly to each other. These people are viscious.

So if you would like to boost my score or anyone else's, head over. If not, I don't blame you, it's hell over there.

No comments: