Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And 2007...Go!

Okay, so happy 2007.
Personally I'm shocked and a bit disgusted it's 2007. Remember when you were like hey, 2007 is SOOOOOO far off. I'll be OLD then. Yeah, okay, we're there. Remember all the hoodoo over Y2K? Ha! That was fun, wasn't it? X-Files got a good long plot line run out of that.
One of the best things we ever watched on television EVER was this special on what past generations had viewed what 2000 would look like (my grammer may suck there but it was just weird no matter what). They showed all these terrific film clips from the 1950's and 60's. It was like the self driving car so you and your passengers could sit back, relax, drink martinis and smoke five packs of cigs en route. Or the personal aircraft and we would all refer to each other by number (Hi there, XDHFJ24554! What sort of mileage do you get out of your nuclear fuel cell? Everything was frikkin' nuclear fueled). And the best one was where "mother" could do everything from home. Yes, it was 'Mothers" dream life. She could cook, clean, keep kids and wear her pearls, stockings and heels around so much easier with the kitchen-o-matic or whatever it was called. In a way it was sort of revolutionary since they had a vague (VAGUE) concept of the internet. Like mom would be able to dial up the butcher on her little interactive tv screen and tell him what she needed. The hilarious part was that the receipt was written on paper by hand and it was like the television view of it. So they were a bit behind on the word processing aspect of the internet. Anyway, if you know the special I'm talking about and know where I can get a copy, drop me a line.

So, the blog is messy. I think my housekeeping skills have moved from garage to house to blog. Sad. Anyway, the good news is that DorkyDad knows how to re-skin the blog for me. I gave it my all but HTML code is not Novelchicks thing. It's just...not. AND he's going to install the new bamboo floors in the master bath (he's a multi-tasker that DorkyDad). The bamboo flooring and accessories have been hanging in the garage for nine months so I'm fairly excited about this plus this will create space in my garage for a car. Maybe. Anywho, I know the blog is not shipshape at the moment but it will get there. Promise. And look for this weeks Zombie pages!

No comments: